Cauliflower was a boring vegetable I pretty much ignored until I discovered its exceptional health boosting powers.
How to Not Die
Michael Greger MD
And Alfredo sauce was something I avoided as heavy, fatty and too white. I like color in my food after all. But my family loves Alfredo sauce.
This recipe happily marries the benefits of cauliflower with my family’s eating pleasure. Simple and quick to make, it can also be a vegan Alfredo sauce.
- Use almond milk or broth for a lighter meal
- Use dairy milk for a creamier sauce
- Add 1/2 cup of shredded Parmesan for a special treat
- Toss with whole-wheat fettuccini, cooked shrimp and peas
- Toss with bowtie pasta, chopped up leftover chicken and sautéed mushrooms
- Saute sliced onion, sliced red bell pepper and coarsely chopped kale and toss with pasta
- Toss with steamed edamame and pasta