Originating in the Mediterranean tapenade is made with olives, anchovies, capers, garlic and herbs – nutrient density at its best!
Olives are rich essential minerals calcium, magnesium, iron, potassium, zin and copper, polyphenols and omega-9 fatty acids that can help benefit heart, brain and mood.
Protein-packed anchovies are rich in omega-3 fatty acids and micronutrients – selenium, calcium, magnesium, vitamins B12, B6, A, K and more.Combined with garlic and herbs this is nutrient density at it’s best.
Use black olives or green olives only. Mix and match herbs. Use sun-dried tomatoes or not. You an also skip the anchovy, but it will give it a boost of flavor and nutrients.
- Make a “tapenade board” with veggie crudites and sliced quality bread for a special occasion.
- Spread on cooked chicken breasts or roasted fish fillets
- Use in wraps
- Add as a generous dollop to green salads
- Swirl a spoonful into soup
- Use as a snack with veggies and rice cakes or seed crackers
- Add it to avocado toast