by Joel Fuhrman M.D.
About the Author
Joel Fuhrman M.D. is a board-certified family physician, NY Times best-selling author and nutritional researcher who specializes in preventing and reversing disease through nutritional and natural methods. He is an internationally recognized expert on nutrition and natural healing.
Dr. Fuhrman is the author of 7 books including 3 New York Times best sellers. Dr. Fuhrman’s #1 NY Times best-selling book,” Eat to Live” has sold over 1,000,000 copies and has been published in multiple foreign language editions. In October 2012, “Super Immunity” also became a NY Times bestseller and in January 2013 his latest book; “End of Diabetes”(HarperOne) reached the New York Times list.
Why I Like this Book
- I strongly believe in his premise that Food Equals Health
- It’s empowering. A proactive approach to our own health by knowing about the best foods that strengthen our immune system
- The health crisis in the U.S.—an increasingly in other countrie— is preventable if more of us take the time to learn how to eat
- The valuable information about the nutritional benefits of the super immunity foods: greens and cruciferous vegetables, beans, onions, mushrooms, berries and seeds motivates me to find ways to eat them regularly
- I learned about phytochemicals—what they are and why they can save our lives. “phytochemicals are non-vitamin, non-mineral components of foods that support the defensive and self-reparative abilities of the human body…Phytonutrients are provided by whole foods, and it’s the synergy that matters. The interaction of fiber, vitamins, minerals and other substances in a particular food enhance the actions of phytochemicals.”
In Super Immunity, world-renowned health expert and New York Times bestselling author of Eat to Live Dr. Joel Fuhrman offers a nutritional guide to help you live longer, stronger, and disease free.
Dr. Fuhrman doesn’t believe the secret to staying healthy lies in medical care—rather, the solution is to change the way we eat. With more than 85 plant-based recipes, a two-week menu plan, and lists of super foods that boost immunity, Dr. Fuhrman’s proven strategies combine the latest data from clinical tests, nutritional research, and results from thousands of patients.