Romesco is a nut and red bell pepper sauce that originates in Catalonia region in Spain where it seems fishermen originally prepared this sauce for fish.
This is so delicious, colorful and elegant, I use it many different ways
- As a sauce over chicken breasts (roasted or grilled)
- Or on fish fillets (roasted or grilled
- As a dip with sliced baguette or pita bread.
- For a more elegant occasion, I spread the dip on crostini (toasted baguette slices) and place a basil or parsley leaf on each crostini.
- As tea sandwiches
- Leftovers make a fabulous sandwich spread turning a simple turkey sandwich with arugula into a gourmet treat
- Yummy wraps with greens and leftover chicken, or garbanzo or white beans.
The almonds and red bell pepper make this not only delicious but also quite nutritious. Check out the amazing health benefits of almonds.
For an extra special meal, I’ve made this sauce with hazelnuts…hmmm heavenly.