https://www.colormyfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Arugula-pesto-1.jpg 750 1000 Diana Galindo https://www.colormyfood.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/color-my-food-logo-325.png Diana Galindo2015-09-01 13:45:232016-04-22 13:19:10Lemony Arugula Pesto
This pesto is especially delicious drizzled on roasted fish fillets or grilled chicken breasts.
Other ways to use it:
- Toss with whole-grain pasta and white beans, add chopped roasted red bell peppers or sun-dried tomatoes and voila! dinner is ready.
- Spread on bread in place of mayonnaise for sandwiches
- Put on on toast or a rice cake for an afternoon snack
- Spread on baguette slices or crostini (toasted baguette slices) for appetizers; add a half a cherry tomato or sliver or roasted bell pepper for a decorative touch
- Use as a dip for pita chips and/or crudites (carrots sticks, celery, or other vegetable sticks)
Arugula is part of the cruciferous family, high on the list of super immunity foods.