Cabbage does not sound exciting, but the flavors of this dish are marvelous!
I’m always looking for delicious ways to maximize the nutrients in our meals and this recipe fits the bill exceptionally well because it includes 5 of 6 GBOMBs (Greens, Beans, Onions, Mushrooms, Berries, Seeds/Nuts), the most nutrient-dense foods.
Mushrooms and cabbage are powerful anti-cancer foods and this dish is loaded with them. It’s a quick dinner recipe, easily adapted to different ingredients.
Leftovers are even more delicious as the flavors meld and… it’s also yummy cold; double the recipe and voila! Lunch to take to work or to enjoy later in the week. So despite the most unattractive name of this recipe, it is a most attractive dish to make for many reasons.
Joel Fuhrman MD
- For family friendly-dinner, leave the Sriracha out of sauce and have it on the side
- As is for a one-dish vegan dinner
- Use any cabbage: purple, Napa, baby bok choy
- Add other veggies: finely sliced carrot, broccoli, bell peppers etc
- Replace soba noodles with udon or whole-wheat spaghetti
- Add frozen shrimp, letting them cook in the steam from the veggies
- Add leftover chicken, I’ve even added leftover steak, thinly sliced