Easy to make, simple and delicious this soup is protein-rich and light in carbs.
The original recipe is spicy but because of my daughter, rather than including the jalapeno in the soup itself, I chop it up put on top with the avocado and chopped cilantro when serving.
- Instead of turkey sausage, use Italian sausage or Mexican chorizo
- Instead of garbanzo, use white beans (or any other beans)
- Add one or two chopped carrots
- Add 1 chopped bell pepper (any color)
- Add one potato, chopped smalle so it doesn’t prolong cooking time
- The last 5 minutes, add spinach, kale or other chopped greens (swiss chard, mustard greens)