More than of recipe, this is a launching point for cranberry sauce.
This sauce can be used so many ways. Here are a couple of ideas:
- Add to a bowl of oatmeal — or quinoa porridge mhhmmm so seasonally delicious
- Mix into plain Greek yogurt with granola for breakfast or dessert
- Top pancakes or waffles as an alternate to syrup.
- Mix into Greek yogurt or cream cheese and make pancake (waffle or muffin) “sammies” (sanwiches) for breakfast on the go or an afternoon snack.
- Use it on crostini or crackers for an appetizer: spread soft goat cheese (or cream cheese), top with cranberry orange sauce and chopped chives or green onion.
- Rather than orange zest, use lemon or lime zest
- And add 1 – 2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger