Leafy greens and cruciferous vegetables (such as broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower) have more micronutrients than any other food. Micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals and fiber) are essential for our survival and longevity.
This salad is great on its own, but I often make a double batch to use as a base for different salads throughout the week.
- Exchange the broccoli or cauliflower with shredded cabbage or Brussels sprouts
- Replace carrots with beets
- Toss some Crunchy Cruciferous Salad with leafy greens (spinach, arugula, mixed greens – whatever is on hand).
- Mix with leftover grains (rice, quinoa) for a quick meal
- Or make a tortilla wrap adding greens and an extra drizzle of salad dressing.