I may be a little obsessed with nutrient-dense foods and repeating over and over again how greens, beans and onions are an immune-boosting power cocktail, but putting aside repetition, this soup is flavorful and sticks to the ribs.
- Add other vegetables (bell pepper, a turnip, maybe a cup of chopped broccoli or cauliflower) depending on what is in my refrigerator
- Garbanzo beans or kidney beans if that was on hand
- Add sausage (cook with the chopped onions)
- Add leftover cooked chicken when adding the kale
- Use other greens (spinach, swiss chard) instead of kale